Over the years I have talked to many parents and carers of those with special needs about what I could design to make their lives a little easier. I believe that products can be practical and functional, but can also look great, feel soft and not break the bank. It’s all about dignity and care.
A bed pad is a square or rectangle pad that sits on the top of the bottom sheet. It may or may not have tuck in wings to hold in place. The user sleeps directly on the top and so when they wet, you just change the bed pad, no more stripping the whole bed.
It really is ideal to have two. One of the bed and one to change it within the night. This takes the pressure off the laundry and gives you peace of mind if accidents happen twice during the night.
What To Look For?
- The surface needs to stay wet. The common assumption is you want the entire pad to stay dry, a bed pad will soak and nothing else will get wet. However its important the surface appears wet so you can tell if the bed has been wet. You dont want to leave someone overnight in soaked pyjamas.
- With wings are generally better for most people. Most adults and those with additional needs may wriggle around in their sleep. Keeping the bed pad in place with tucked in wings is a good solution.
- Soft, comfy sleep surface. Remember, you are sleeping directly on the top. 100% cotton is best.
- No PVC or Vinyl makes the pad less sweaty and more comfortable.
- Easy to wash. This is one thing you don’t need to be hand washing or treating delicately. Dignified designs and colours. Its important while the bed pad is functional that it looks good. You want to give an adult or someone your caring for a sense of dignity something most hospital plastic bed pads do not do.
- No stripping the whole bed makes it a quick change at 2 am. Get yourself and whoever is using the bed pad back to sleep faster.
- Save on laundry by just washing the Brolly Sheet, so a whole protector and bottom sheet
- Coloured and patterned pads give dignity to those who are older.
- If you buy good quality bed pads and treat them well, they will last a very long time.
- Easy to wash
Large Seat Protector
This large seat pad offers great protection against accidents for any seat in your car or your home. The soft, comfy faux suede cover is lovely to sit on, the absorbent inner absorbs fluid and the waterproof barrier protects your seats.
What To Look For?
When looking for a seat protector you want to make sure it's not only waterproof but it is absorbent. This will prevent any leaks or stains from getting on your couch. Couches are made to be comfortable and considering you will be sitting on the seat protector it's vital that it's just as comfortable!
- Absorbs over 1.5 Liters of Liquid
- Not sweaty or sticky like vinyl
- Soft and super comfy
- We offer our large seat protectors in a brown colour
- Can easily fit across the entire length of your back seat
What To Look For?
Just like most waterproof products, absorbency, and waterproofing are key. You want to make sure the chair pad absorbs enough liquid that it doesn't leak through and wet your couch. Style and comfort are equally as important as functionality. Considering you will be sitting directly on the chair pad you want it to feel comfortable.
- Protects your couch from stains and small spills
- Can be used on couches, car seats, wheelchairs
- Waterproof and absorbent
- We offer a range of chair pads that come in two sizes, small and medium
- Range of colors from lighter colours such as Beige to darker colours like Brown.
- Holds 750 mls of liquids
- Soft suede top meaning they are very comfortable
- Small and easily washed and dried